SSA#42 is issuing this RFP to secure a contractor for the provision of Snow Plowing and Removal Activities for the SSA#42 boundary area henceforth known as the “boundaries” which are Stony Island Ave. from 67th St. to 79th St. on the West side of the street, from 67th St. to 73rd St. on the East side of the street and also including North and South sides of 71st street from Kimbark Ave to South Shore Drive/Exchange /Yates Ave. including up to the alley on major intersections.
Activities and Guidelines:
• The contractor shall provide snow removal services for accumulation of two inches or more based upon the National Weather Service forecast, with zero tolerance.
• 24/7 availability during snow season, minus holidays, but includes weekends. If snow occurs on a holiday the following day in the early morning hours the snow plowing service must occur.
• All snow should be removed from doorway of business in corridor and a pathway of five feet across, corner to corner no later than 8:00am. • Contractor will work in tandem with the Streets and Sanitation Dept. and the Aldermanic Ward offices to improve efficiencies and prevent duplication of work.
Scope of Snow Removal
• Provide snow removal and de-icing for the SSA boundary.
• Remove all snow and apply salt after accumulation.
• Clear all crosswalks and all bus stops of snow and ice
• Crews will be mobilized and on their way to the site within 2-4 hours of snowfall.
• Services will be provided by tractors or ATV’s with snow blades approximately 4-5’ wide with automatic salt spreaders attached.
• A mixture of rock salt and magnesium or calcium chloride will be applied to sidewalks.
• In areas hard to reach or too small for the tractors or ATV’s The Contractor will remove snow with shovels, a snow broom and/or a snow blower.
• Remove any snow covering traffic and street signs as best as possible with the appropriate equipment
Download 2020 RFP for Snow Removal